Friday, April 19, 2013

Weekly Review: Never A Hero by Marie Sexton

Never a Hero (Tucker Springs, #5)Never a Hero by Marie Sexton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Never a Hero is yet another installment set in the small town of Tucker Springs. This eBook, written by Marie Sexton, was full of a lot of angst regarding personal appearance and conditions, much like Dirty Laundry by Heidi Cullinan.

Owen has a physical disability that created a lot of emotional blocks. He’s drawn to his new neighbor, though, despite misgivings on both their parts. A big part of Owen’s draw to Nick is his complete comfort with his disability … which makes sense since Nick’s sister has the same one! That was a tiny bit too convenient a plot device, but hey, it could happen.

There are a lot of twists and turns in latest novel set in Tucker Springs. We got to see a lot of cameos by earlier couples, or parts of couples, like Seth. We also got a sneak peek at who I hope is coming up next. *fingers crossed*

I think what impresses me the most about this series is that the authors have blended their styles so well that I would never guess that they were written by different people. They all seem to have a good balance of plot and action versus sex and emotional bonding. The couples all face obstacles, but nothing so dramatic that I can’t believe that these are ordinary people I could meet if I could just find this Tucker Springs on a map.

All in all, a definite 4 star read. I didn’t give this 5 stars because of the somewhat contrived plot device and the clichéd ‘villian’ as it were. I’d have liked more depth to the wicked witch, as I’ll call her, to flesh out her character more, since she was such an integral part of the plot motivation.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment about my stories or blog. Flamers will be laughed at!