Friday, May 17, 2013

Weekly Review: Prince Claimed by Amber Kell

Prince Claimed (Thresl Chronicles #2)Prince Claimed by Amber Kell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This story really is a 3.5 star rating for me. I liked Soldier Mine quite a bit ... but was really anxious for the overall story to be further in the sequel. When it finally came out as Prince Claimed, I was very excited.

That being said, I felt a bit let down when I finished reading Sarler and Bleine's story. There was so much potential story left not shown, I felt a bit disappointed. We got a heap of info about the Thresl society and their history, which was absolutely fabulous. I felt like a lot of that was missing in the first book in the series. However, the author went a little bit too far in that direction.

I feel like we lost a lot of the relationship between Sarler and Bleine. One of the fascinating things with the Thresl's is how they bond and change to match their 'person'. We didn't get to see that, and I missed it. The set up with all of Bleine's history, his past partner's, and his new 'gay for you' relationship was under-written, imo.

I dearly enjoy Amber Kell's writing, however, and will buy the next book in this series, probably the same day it comes out, lol. I just hope that when she writes that one, she balances the characters' stories along with the underlying plot a bit better.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment about my stories or blog. Flamers will be laughed at!