Monday, March 17, 2014

Reading Review! Of Last Resort by Megan Derr

I thought this week I'd do a series of reviews. I've been reading some lately, but not much as I fight to keep up with all my writing and other responsibilities. Even so, I've had a few reviews I've wanted to share and haven't gotten to yet!

Of Last Resort (Princes of the Blood #1)Of Last Resort by Megan Derr
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Usually I try to write eloquent reviews. After reading this story, there's no way I can do that. As someone who enjoys taking the known and twisting it, I stand in awe of Megan Derr's ability to create a complex world filled with creatures both at once familiar and then wholly unfamiliar. You have to let go of what you think you know and just absorb what she's done. There's so much though, that it was difficult with this story.

I wanted more backstory, I begged as I read for more backstory, but I muddled along without it. The character progression Raffe goes through was amazing enough to keep me focused on him. I let go of what I didn't know, and got to know him and the other Princes instead. His bond with Alrin tempted me with teasers of what could be, but it wasn't shown, unfortunately. :(

That isn't to say that we won't get more, because that's right... the series title says #1. Yes, #1! Yay! I may sound ambivalent, but truly my only real quibbles come from what I don't get to know. I hold out hope that with the next story some of that will change. How long now? LOL

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment about my stories or blog. Flamers will be laughed at!