Thursday, May 1, 2014

eBook Review: Love Comes Home by Andrew Grey

Love Comes Home (Senses, #3)Love Comes Home by Andrew Grey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Contemporary stories are always a mixed bag for me when I pick them up. Angst often comes into play, but I don't want a story that focuses only on the negatives in life--that depresses me. Yet, when things go wrong, it can be hard to find it in yourself to be positive.

Davey's dad, Greg, faces the worst nightmare of any parent: that something is going wrong with one of our kids and there's nothing we can do to stop it. We can't take away their fear, or pain, as their innocent trust in us to do just that is faced with reality. Sometimes life sucks.

Davey's going blind. He's young enough to need his dad to tell him it'll be okay, but Greg can't do that. Everything in their world is tossed upside down. Maybe worse than the blindness itself is the wait for it to happen. But in comes a person who just might be able to help--both Davey and his dad.

I'm not going go to into the whole plot, but I did like Davey, Greg, and Tom. Their dynamic, along with a good mix of secondary characters, made for a contemporary story that brought in a good dose of reality along with a romance. I did feel it skirted insta-love, nearly falling into that plot hole blunder, but Greg's reluctance to commit to anyone while he was trying just to get by day to day curbed Tom's enthusiasm.

Overall, this was a good read. Contemporary still isn't my favorite, but I was entertained as I read the story, which had its sad moments, but wasn't all about the problems the characters faced, but the way they overcame them.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment about my stories or blog. Flamers will be laughed at!